I want to work with you on your messy-but-awesome YA manuscript!
I’ve taught creative writing at the University of British Columbia MFA program and at The Writers Studio at Simon Fraser University, workshopping YA works-in-progress. Novel length projects are my favourite, so do be in touch with your proposal.
After thirteen books with Knopf Random House, Penguin, and Orca, you can be sure that I know a thing or two about getting your manuscript into publishable form.
Manuscript Reading & Evaluation:
Sample: $200 for up to 15 pages
Manuscript: $200 for 1st 15 pages, $2 / pages after that
Manuscript Mentoring & Consultation:
- initial on-line or in-person introduction x 1-hour
- a thorough read of your novel with some margin comments
- preparation of critical and supportive feedback
- a 1-hour meeting in person or on-line to go over suggestions
- an option for a second read at a reduced rate of $70/hour.
$80 / hour x 15 hours for a standard manuscript = $1,200