1. AJ from the Carnival Band sent me a link to a photo by Wayne Worden in their flickr pool. It’s from 2012, and is such a gorgeous photo of Esmé that I wanted to post it here. Esmé has been a big fan for a long time, and for good reason! Thanks for sharing, AJ!
2. There’s another Not Back to School picnic to go to today and the sun is shining! And further bonus? It’s at the beach!
3. Loving the honey candies from Honibe. A great alternative when Esmé has to say no to candy with food colouring! (And you can put them in your TEA. Without getting your hands sticky. How genius is that? Smarty-pants honey-maker people.)
4. Managing to get in a couple of hours of editing before we head to the beach because it’s Jack’s day off. She’s coming too!
5. Lori reminded me of this article of hers, about ways to prevent unschool attrition. A great read for that autumnal shift towards educational thoughts. I truly hope we’re still on this path when the kids are teenagers. That’s when it gets really good, and the kids can do some wicked traveling, apprenticeships, college-level courses, and intensive projects, all while brick & mortar schools are in session. Want to learn to build guitars? Okay! Want to take a post-secondary physics course? Okay? Want to volunteer to build a hospital in Mongolia? Okay!
And I leave you with some Carnival Band love!